Sunday 22 August 2010

Perky Greeves!

Wet, misty, rainy - still!  I hope it is a lot better for others who are trying to complete their hay making.  I am feeling quite pleased today as Greeves is a lot more lively - he had to be chased for his weigh in tonight.  He has not put any weight on today but does look a bit better.  The Kick Start yesterday got him up a bit and then this morning, following an email last night, we gave him a selenium injection (Vitisell).  Everyone looks very bedraggled and dirty today but I felt it was time for a photo to celebrate Greeves perkiness!  Here he is with Lily and his mum, Lina, behind.
He gave me quite a run around when I tried to feed him just now!
Lina is also getting a bit better with Carl - she is overcoming her pathological hatred of him and even deigns to have her neck stroked occasionally!
Not quite sure about the pose Carl is striking - I call it the Catalogue Man look! 
It has been a short blog tonight as we have just got back from a Great Western Region Alpaca Fleece Show meeting (more on that tomorrow) and it has been a hairy drive through Hamoon as the rain was coming down and bringing out armies of frogs which Carl kept swerving in an effort to avoid them.

4 comments:

  1. Now you have started something !! .. A catalogue pose !!....he will never hear the end of that !!.....no matter how he stands ......Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I'm a little teapot short and stout, tip me up and pour me out"

    Sorry Carl, you had that coming, great pose though.

    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grey haired neighbour22 August 2010 at 23:19

    Lovely pictures!
    Glad to hear that Greeves is perky.

    (I think we could all do with some Kick Start!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks as though Greeves, Lily and Lina are about to slide into the field shelter Rosemary!!

    ReplyDelete