Monday 13 September 2010

Feeling Flustered

Some of today has been BAD! - so I'll tell you about last night instead.

It was a meeting of the Great Western Region Alpaca Fleece Show - fun as usual, although we were a bit late arriving due to Greeves not wanting his bottle.  We are not allowed to look at the fleece entries of course - but I caught a tantalising glimpse of a veritable tower of fleeces all in their bags ready to be moved to the showground where they will be put in boxes.  We tried out making up the boxes to display the fleece and Andy from Reddingvale Alpacas has to get the prize for fastest box make up!  We also tried out the thing I collected for Dominic, the judge.  It was not, as Barbara suggested, a Cheryl Cole outfit (that is a thought for another year!) but a rather neat microphone with speaker in a belt.  I fear Rob took rather a fancy to it - I can imagine him by the Wishing Well using it to attract Les' attention!

I was a little distracted at the start of the meeting as I was waiting for a call from Peter at the Rosette Company about the pick up point for the rosettes - but that is a whole new tale to be told another day, maybe!

Just as we were leaving I had a call from Sam, "Mum, don't worry but where are the plasters and do we have any bandages?"  Panic!  Turned out he was constructing a race for his sheep and had cut the end of his finger with the saw.  I now have a blood covered best towel but he is okay!

1 comment:

  1. It's all shaping up to being a fantastic event...good luck!

    ReplyDelete