Wednesday 29 February 2012

A worrying moment

My heart nearly stopped this morning as I drove through the field gate.  I could see Little Star flat out with no other alpaca anywhere near her.  I had the camera out as I had been trying to catch a nice morning view over the valley so for some daft reason I wasted a minute taking a photo of her before charging across.

From the photo you can see her ears are pricked and she is simply asleep - but my eyes aren't that good!  Anyway all was well and after sorting everyone out it was a trip to the library van where I found a very exciting book - how to knit two socks at the same time on one circular needle!  Yes, I know, how can you write a whole book about that?!  However, it is something I have not been able to master and I feel sure I can adapt it to knitting two gloves at one which will save having to try to work out what I wrote on old scraps of paper whilst knitting the first glove!

I then went up with Mum to clean the church for the last time this year - someone else's go next month.  This took a while as we had to get the bird mess of the chairs!

Now Sam should be back a little earlier tonight as he is at college today.  I had been getting a bit worried about all the hours he was working and even thought of having a word with his tutor but then yesterday afternoon Carl got a phone call from him.  "Dad is it alright if I am late back tonight?  I've asked if I can work late."  He was driving a mini digger, removing tree roots and making holes - so exciting he didn't even require paying!!

3 comments:

  1. Why do they do that to us; I think they like to keep us on our toes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Rosemary, your Sam sounds like a real star! Make the most of him whilst he's still at home...before he finds a wife!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Without doubt Sam is a star...all this praise Sam...good for a pay rise I should say?

    ReplyDelete