Monday 5 August 2013

Bald noses

Thank you, Jayne and Barbara.  I shall try some of the supplement and review the quantities of Camelibra they are getting.  My alpacas are not very well behaved at feeding time and some get more than others.  When we had fewer alpacas we separated them out at feeding time into smaller pens and they all got fairer shares but now it tends to be a bit of a spit fest over the feed.  I think we are going to have to organise things better so I make sure Zara and Harry get proper rations.  Interestingly, and perhaps this has nothing to do with it, but the coloured ones do get pushed out by the whites.  Not sure what I can do about Zara's black cria and feeding.  I have never had a lot of luck feeding supplement to them when they are youngsters - they just don't seem in the least bit interested!

I have spent the last few days worrying over Ellingham show - it is very stressful!  I shall be a red faced jibbering idiot on the day and I am supposed to be organising the collecting ring.  We now have a show ring set up, PA system sorted, the catalogue is done and I should be collecting the rosettes and neck tag things tomorrow.  Next on the agendas is a shopping list for the judge and stewards lunch.  I wanted to offer everyone a Pimms at lunch time but Viv says that is alcoholic and the afternoon could go down hill - plus they all have to drive home afterwards!

I have no photos today but then it is pouring with rain and all alpacas are filthy - plus Greeves has a very red neck but that is a story for another day!

1 comment: