Wednesday 2 January 2013

When you're chewing on life's gristle . .

A little late wishing you all a Happy New Year, I am afraid.  I have been suffering and have spent sometime on the settee with a Winnie the Pooh water bottle and a tin of chocolates - my waist line has also suffered.

We have had a respite from the rain and today have just had light drizzle which has been good, I suppose, but to be perfectly honest it is still basically wet and when you are feeling 28% it takes more than that to get you singing and dancing round the fields.  I have even painted my nails pink with red dots to mimic summery type creatures but it still all feels a wee bit gloomy out there.  I don't know how the rest of you keep so cheerful.  I began to update the alpacas for sale list as that seems to be what everyone else is cheerfully doing with a song in their heart and a merry fluttering of their breast - but blow it, I can't be bothered until the sun comes out and I can get a picture of an alpaca who is not wearing the hay from the hayrack, covered in green spit from arguing over the hayrack, wearing the hayrack as it has detached itself from the wall . . .



Bah Humbug and may the rest of you remain cheerful the entire year.

3 comments:

  1. We are just pretending that the rain isn't getting us all down. We too are dreaming of sunnier times. Hope you feel better soon and that 2013 really is a Happy New Year for you!

    ReplyDelete