Friday 25 January 2013

A rescue

The snow is still hanging on at the fields.  This morning I got to the bottom of the cut and debated whether to give it a go but chickened out in the end and walked up.  I was just emerging from the halter path when a car went by and I though I had been silly not to try - but no, as I went up the road I heard that stuck on ice revving noise and sure enough, as I rounded the bend, there was a lady very stuck.  I did my best to assist but the road was a sheet of ice with snow in the middle and at the edges.  Luckily, the Shepherd was near by and I miraculously had a phone signal so with him and Valtra man who was also passing she was turned round and taken back down the cut.

This evening things are getting better.  Still not much grass but some is beginning to show.
 
The girls are still spending most of their time in the field shelters but they are soon out when food arrives!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you have plenty of snow with you .. hope that it is melting now and there are no more eventful field experiences !! .... Jayne

    ReplyDelete