Saturday 19 May 2012

Doing the Dingleberries

I am covered in fleece right now having just sorted out the first little bundle to go for processing.  I have just sent Little Star and Emily's away as they are both really nice but not what I would call show fleece quality - I am hoping for a very pale fawn.  Little Star's looks pink so it will be interesting to see what comes back!  I have also started sorting Trouble and String's but they are a nightmare - first fleece and full of all sorts in the tips.  If I ever get them clean enough they will go away with Barnaby Rudge's I still have from last year to create, hopefully, a brown. 

We spent some of the rest of the time putting Click on the sheep (to prevent fly strike), a bit of crutching out (or "Doing the Dingleberries" as Carl calls it!) and checking the lambs.  Then Sam was home from work early so he and Carl moved the sheep electric fence whilst I had a lovely time driving round on the John Deere destroying odd clumps of docks then swapping to the Mule and collecting Poo!

Sorry no photos of all this activity - I forgot to take the camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment