Tuesday 21 January 2014

Bit of a Mule Calamity

Chilly but not bad weather, I worked up quite a sweat doing the hay so was down to a T-shirt for about half an hour (combined with wooly hat, of course).  Hay has been taking a long time due to the Mule's inability to go in a straight line or to turn corners without three or four attempts.  Yesterday it had finally had enough and, despite me steering in a straight line (I was driving towards where the camera is in the photo), it turned round 90 degrees and ended up wedged between the bowser and the fence.

Carl has a plan to put the front end of the old Fiesta on it and apparently it will be okay if I keep it in 5th gear (I have no idea what this is supposed to mean as the Mule does not have gears - just forward and back).

However, in the mean  time, Carl has provided me with a new field vehicle - second hand actually but you can't have everything - I shall thank him in an appropriate manner when he gets home tonight.

Bert is still limpy but she seems quite happy.  I make sure she has a little pile of hay near her if she sits down and she never seems to end up left on her own.  For some reason she seems quite popular with everyone.




2 comments:

  1. So you are the new mule then? It does rather make a change to see us united in our mud troubles ...in fact I might have to concede that you have it worse than us up north!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm....your new field vehicle is missing a cab...still I suppose a sou'wester will do!

    ReplyDelete