Wednesday 28 May 2014

Bath and West Part 1

No photos as I forgot the camera - will try to do better tomorrow!  Good day today at the Bath and West.  It was not a show day but we took along some knitting and sold even some of my more experimental pieces!  Val Fullerlove was there doing an excellent talk and walk round with weaving, spinning and felting demonstrations (there might have been more things but I was in charge of some Reddingvale alpacas and didn't want any of them escaping and charging across the car park so I stayed glued to their side.  When I did have to disappear for a moment, Chas kindly sold a bobble hat for me which I thought was pretty awesome.  The Mighty Patou attempted to sort out my Blackberry with much scrolling through menus and thumb typing - it does now work apart from the email.

Apple Vale had the most amazing felted hats - The Downton Collection - beautiful things in lovely colours, sadly I don't have the hair to do them justice (Reddingvale was kind enough to point out how windswept I was looking first thing and I had spent 30 minutes the night before with the tongs).

Carl, Sam and Kristy have been shearing but had to miss one on the list due to rain - shearing schedule now suffering another bit of a set back!

No comments:

Post a Comment