Wednesday 6 July 2011

Dude's a Proper Daddy!

I am really finding it hard to contain myself at the moment!  Carl isn't back from work yet and I just want to tell someone!  I know Dude has already fathered one little girl this year - but I haven't really counted that one as it was a suri mating.  The huacayas were the ones we were waiting for - and we have one, the first 'real' Dude baby!  It wasn't any of the ones that were due, it was Flemenco - due on the 16th July, so 10 days early.  They all seem to be early or only a day or two over the 11 months at the moment.  Last year Flem had a real struggle with her baby, but not this year - it was out easily in half an hour and she loved it from the start - on it's feet in 10 minutes and feeding straight away - it looks huge!  It weighs 10.5kg and is a girl, and what a girl!  We used Dude on a range of girls to see what he could do for each and this is one of my (gorgeous) poorer quality females with a fleece like a carpet, face like a horse and a light fawn colour.  Just look at the little one!


It has been raining on and off but the rain is not penetrating her coat at all - it is so dense you can't get through it to the skin - I'd show you the little fleece shot I did but you'd probably just laugh and I know it is hard to tell when they are a couple of hours old but really . . . Just have to wait till Carl gets back and drag him over there!  I took lots of photos in case he is too late back to see properly.
Slinky is doing well and now weighs a whopping 14kg, Tilbo rarely stays still, Lily's baby - now named Yossarian - is still a bit slow and quiet so I am keeping a close eye on him.  Picture updates on them tomorrow!

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations Carl and Rosemary, so pleased that you are happy with Dude's cria. She looks stunning.

    Rob n Les

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Rob and Les - I am pleased, I am really, really pleased - time will tell!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope Flamenco can't read..what counts is what she gives you and it sounds as though she and Dude have done the business! We hope to see her go on to do great things too, she looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous looking Dude girl Rosemary...I am not sure about shortening Mum's name to Flem though...reminds me too much of respiratory nursing, if you get my drift...think smokers cough!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your new little girl!
    The sky around here is thick with storks at the moment!
    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a stunning little girl !......Pleased....you must be delighted...to say the least.....well I think Dude has just stamped his quality on that one !!...don't you !........Congratulations I know just how excited you were to see Dude's first babies arrive ........Jayne

    ReplyDelete