Went over this morning to find a severally leaking field shelter full of drenched alpacas and a badly limping Tilbo. I checked over Tilbo and it didn't look good to me so decided to keep and eye whilst we attempted to get a tarpaulin over the field shelter - not easy in high winds. Tilbo hadn't shown any improvement by the time the shelter was made leak proof and he was struggling to kush so the vet was called. As I suspected - he has broken his leg. The vet decided to splint in rather than use a cast so we spent a little time looking for something to use as a splint. In the end Sam had to sacrifice his dingy paddle - well, there is not much water up here! He sawed it up to make a nice leg shaped piece and this has been padded and strapped on. Tilbo now looks as if he has a wooden leg and really needs renaming Long John Silver. We have to change and check in 10 days time so fingers crossed.