Friday 22 July 2011

Belinda's baby!

Things have been a little hectic and the blog has got a bit behind.  Today should have been a peaceful day of cleaning fields with a quick trip to the hairdressers.  I had just put the phone down this morning when it rang again - it was Sam calling to say Belinda had suddenly popped out her cria!  I have been watching for it for ages and suddenly there it was - our third Dude baby and another girl!  This is another solid white and a stonker at almost 11kg.  Belinda delivered her in minutes with no dramas and it was soon up and feeding.  No name yet as we are still deliberating.
As usual I have completely overdone it with the iodine and purple spray! 


Trouble, Bert's baby, is now doing well with her bottle and proving the easiest bottle fed I have had.  We are doing 350ml at a go with 5 feeds starting at a respectable 8am and ending about 9pm.  Long may it continue, but I am not banking on it!  Bert and I are finding even this easy routine quite exhausting and have to have several rests during the day!!

Trouble has made firm friends with Yossarian.

And I am pleased with Tilbo's progress (broken leg) as today he started to play with the others and managed several jumps.  The Slink (the suri girl) is a bit of a menace as, despite Crispie having lots of milk and weighing 18kg already, she is constantly drinking from everyone else.  I have never seen a cria do it before but she has it off to a fine art and sneaks in for a quick drink while the Mother's own cria is drinking - I am having to watch her with Belinda as she was trying to get the colostrum which the new one needs.  Flamenco's baby - String (Pretty Cool) is lovely and doing well.

5 comments:

  1. Well done, Belinda!
    Lovely photos, Rosemary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos Rosemary...hope you haven't spoilt the new hair do!

    What a great head she has (the cria)...and a lovely shade of purple...we have a few that colour.

    We did have a cria last year; Kenzie, who was a milk thief.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness me Rosemary, those Dude babies look good. Wow!. Really pleased for you.

    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photo's Rosemary. Dude's cria is certainly a whopper! I too am over enthusiastic with the purple spray!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on another quality Dude baby !...I must have missed something...I didn't know Tilbo had broken his leg !...how on earth have I missed that one !...hope he continues to improve......that new baby looks a cracker !....Jayne

    ReplyDelete