The blog writing has been a bit erratic I know but I seem to spend all evening knitting. I have written a knitting schedule and cannot keep up with it. The current hat has gone wrong so I am having a bit of a break for a night and blog writing instead! The previous hat trial design needs tweaking but the addition of flowers really lifts them - I am struggling, though, with attaching the flowers without them flopping so may have to seek advise from the village on that one!
On the alpaca front all is well and the babies are growing up - except Lina's. He is still very tiny and refuses to take a bottle to top him up although I am persevering. He is very lively and not ill looking but, from past experience, I know he really could do with a top up.
We have spent most of the day getting the ewes ready for the ram. They have all had their heptavac, feet checked, faecal samples done. We are experimenting with one lot of ewes lambing early - not sure how that will go but Leaf, the ram, is already eagerly anticipating his reintroduction to his harem!
It has turned a bit colder and this evening we cleaned out the chimney in readiness for a fire - maybe not tonight but probably tomorrow. The girls who are empty are keeping warm with a girlie night in!
A better penning solution! - After a long "family illness" and a subsequent reduction of our herd, I am back to report a more recent enhancement to Easter-Wood. One of the problems we ...
5 months ago