Thursday 6 February 2014

Battles with coat hangers

Well, I found the camera - but, as you can see it was hardly worth it!  The rain continues but we are in no way in the situation that they are on the Somerset levels.  I have to confess a small tear escaped as I watched the farmer with his desperate efforts to build banks around his cattle sheds.  The rain and storms show no sign of abating and I am beginning to cast a wary eye over the hay which is diminishing rapidly.  There is no chance of me getting photos for Alpaca Seller which was my job for this week.  I think I am just going to have to forget about everything but moving until next weekend.

Having returned from my daily soaking I have now recommenced packing but am having a bit of a struggle with the coat hangers which seem to take up a vast quantity of space.  I would really much rather be sitting in the field shelter with Bert studying seed catalogues and working out how to propagate strawberries (she is getting through rather a lot of imported, expensive, strawberries at the moment!

Today I heard from someone I thought I had lost contact with.  She is now running a dog grooming business in Devon and is one of the nicest people I know so if you are in Devon and in need of a bit of dog grooming take a look at Lucy (and Archie of course!)
www.archiesgrooming.co.uk



No comments:

Post a Comment