Sunday 22 November 2015

Hope today, knitting tomorrow

Today saw us at another Christmas Market.  This one was at Hope Nature Centre http://www.hopenaturecentre.org.uk/newsite/ and was the first time we had been to an event there with the knitting.  Not, however, the first time we have visited as they take a group of lambs each year for visitors to see in the animal park.  They also have our two original alpacas Dobby and Caedmon (although I think Caedmon has a different name now!). It is a great place to visit and was set up to provide work placements for young adults with learning difficulties.
Anyway, it was a lovely, if bitterly cold, day and I managed to visit the sheep and alpacas - good to see them all again.
The photo shows when I was setting up so I did organise it marginally better by the time it opened!  The new mannequin head was an attraction on it's own as it mesmerised children and one gentleman had to do a double take as he thought it was real!  Thank you to GHN for sourcing it for me!  We sold well and I also came away with three orders.  This is good but I somehow have to fill the orders and knit more for next weekend as we are low yet again.  I am going to crawl round to the Flower Lady next week as see if I can tempt her into taking on a hat as one she made was so popular it has been requested again!

1 comment:

  1. The stand looks great, glad you sold well although , as you say, it does create more work in replenishing stocks!

    ReplyDelete